Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Into the Rain

I am now in Seattle, Washington. I have decided that when planting a seed, the growth of that seed is very dependant on the type of soil it is put in.

I've been used to growing my seeds on rock. That was very hard work, you can imagine. Then, I decided that I would instead use that energy to find really rich, fertile soil.

That's what brought me to Seattle. So far so good. I'm focusing my thoughts and hanging on by visualization and faith when I feel alone, in another big city, sleeping in a hostel, away from my tribe. It's easier to make connections here. There's a lot going on in the way of spritual action.

I've only been here two weeks, and things are already moving much quicker than they ever have before. Yet, when I return to the hostel, I sometimes can't help feeling that sense of aloness.

So I counteract that by imagining being surrounded by my family, even though I don't neccessarily know who or where they are yet.

I learned to make friends with loneliness a while ago, in the woods. Just me, my fire, and the darkness of the night around me. The energy of the trees and wildlife.

Loneliness is a quirky companion. It makes you feel that the world is indeed a strange and mysterious place.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Water dropping day by day wears the hardest rock away...

Bret and John said...

Hi Armin:
I'm sorry to hear that you gave up on the school in Oakdale. I have to admit that Jan didn't get it, but I was rooting for you and putting in a good word whenever I got a chance. I think your class would have been brilliant.
But there's a reason for everything. I hope that Seattle treats you well. Take care.
Bret